As one of the premier hotels in Beachwood, Ohio, we offer easy access to University Hospital, ThistleDown Racino and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, as well as the area’s premier shopping and dining. Our talented team of professionals had yet again led us to a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. We want to build on that momentum and continue hiring only the best in the business. If you're looking to grow as part of a strong team, come see what we can offer you for your career!
Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Columbia Marriotts high standard of quality.
Duties includes but not limited to:
Columbia Marriott offers competitive pay, and excellent benefits. EOE/AA
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, record orders/requests, communicate with guest to explain and record orders.
• Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
• Ability to operate beverage equipment, eg., coffee maker.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or any other combination of education training or experience that provided the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior food service experience preferred.
Software Powered by iCIMS