Our hotel’s prime location in downtown Lansing, MI offers a direct connection to the Lansing Center, with one of the largest convention and meeting facilities in Michigan. But it's our top tier team of service professionals who make us one of the best hotels in the area. If you're looking to join a growing team of talented individuals, come see exactly what a career at the Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol can do for you!
Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Pyramid Hotels' high standards of quality.
• Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
• Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
• Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
• Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
• Practice "Teamwork" and "Clean as you go" policies.
• Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function as well as sanitation of banquet areas.
• Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotels rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform all assigned sidework to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
• Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain or Management
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, record orders/requests, communicate with guest to explain and record orders.
• Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
• Ability to operate beverage equipment, eg., coffee maker.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or any other combination of education training or experience that provided the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior food service experience preferred.
Software Powered by iCIMS