Coordinates all service aspects related to convention, meetings, group activities and banquets booked through the sales office.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Assists client in the selection of food and beverage menu using upselling techniques to maximize revenue.
- Contacts client to confirm meeting’s dates, times, number attending, and hotel and meeting room requirements. Follows up regularly to receive updated information and obtain a guaranteed commitment.
- Determines outside vender service needs (i.e., entertainment, floral displays, audio visual, local tours, etc.).
- Communicates to respective departments to ensure delivery of service (i.e., guest services department for room blocks, VIP check-ins and guest transportation needs, food and beverage department for restaurant and catering arrangements, outside vendor or internal sources for audio visual requirements, accounting for payment schedule).
- Arranges and conducts pre- and post-convention meetings with appropriate hotel departments to assure that all client needs are met.
- Inspects meeting room set-up to assure compliance with client specifications.
- Serves as host to group upon arrival and is available to assist with any client needs that may arise during his/her stay.
- May assist in sales effort of the hotel through telemarketing and obtaining leads from sales files, publications and advertisements.
- Handles call-in business/inquires for prospective clients.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practices safety standards at all times.
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for meeting financial goals of department.
- Other duties as assigned of which the employee is capable of performing.