We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Manager to join our team.
The best candidates will possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and should present a professional appearance.
Candidates should have the ability to self-motivate, be a strong team player, and be willing to learn. Excellent relationship-building and negotiating skills, exceptional follow-through, strong organizational skills and strong time-management skills are required.
The Sales Manager will be required to utilize PC applications, including property management systems, database and Microsoft Office products.
- Solicits, confirms and coordinates transient and group sales for hotel.
- Effectively monitors market positions with assigned market(s).
- Coordinates with the Sales and Catering Manager the handling, maintaining, and development of group business.
- Makes outside sales calls/trips within existing geographical market.
- Provide the highest quality service to the customer at all times
- Develop direct sales plan within assigned market responsibilities for each assigned property.
- Includes the development of sales programs to solicit business by contacting representatives of government, business associations and social groups through direct sales and promotional efforts * With the Director of Sales creates pricing strategy recommendations; establishes group rate parameters; monitor turndowns and group selling strategies.
- Ensures accurate follow-through of communications on customer needs
- Through agreement letters, customer correspondence and appropriate inter-regional communications to reservations and property management. * Assists DOS in negotiating profitable customer commitments on business. When negotiating outside agreed upon parameter (i.e. rates, number of room nights, etc…), approval from DOS should be obtained.
- Keep existing business monitored and satisfied.
- Pre-and post-evaluation with clients.
- Frequent phone and personal visits
- Follows-up on group comment forms when appropriate. * Supports use of promotional customer programs.
- Develops and implements regional and hotel-specific promotions with the GM
- Maintains awareness of competitive market positions and programs to provide input to the DOS.
- Recommends appropriate marketing and sales plans/targets to ensure successful performance of each assigned property.
- Develops competition survey to measure market share and changes in the competition.
- Assists in revising sales and marketing guidelines, marketing procedures, and promotions manual when appropriate.
- Develops new business through obtaining accounts from the competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market.
- Develops quarterly sales forecast recommendations and targets for success and local market assignments.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activities and results and analyzes period end results.
- Participates in sales blitz trips.
- Develops strong rapport with customers acting as the liaison with customers and property management.
- Participates in hotel selling skills program.
- Represents hotels when necessary to local communities through affiliation with professional business organizations.
- Facilitates effective communication with other departments.