Click column header to sort
To maintain the guestrooms and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
The Engineer will:
- Inspect guestrooms, public spaces and back of the house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs. This requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires a considerable knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades. Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical experience is used frequently on the job. Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 200 lbs. climb ladders up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
Detailed record keeping in English is required for logs and inspection sheets.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Group from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Group rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Report major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
- Perform all the essential functions of Shift Engineer when required.
Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, such as making props or cleaning of the workshop.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of related tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally waist high.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgement.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
The Sheraton Le Meridien Charlotte is looking for an excited and anthusiatic Night Auditor. Duties include completing audits of hotel transactions during evening shifts. Also assists with greeting guests at the fronk desk and processing check-in/out transactions. Ability to work evening and/or overnight shifts, good customer-service and communication skills, attention to detail and flexible work schedule required. Previous night auditing experience a plus!
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Post charges and payments to guest accounts.
- Handle PBX duties.
- Reconcile all Front Desk Agents paperwork.
- Print Posting Journals.
- Print and resolve rate discrepancy.
- Post credit card totals to A/R.
- Run back up and IPL on the AS400.
- Post Room & Tax.
- Print departing folios and have Security distribute to guest rooms.
- Run reports on the Gift Shop computer.
- Reconcile and balance all Gift Shop paperwork and complete the spreadsheet.
- Complete the spreadsheet for Banquet tickert and post to HIS.
- Reconcile and Balance all Food & Beverage cashiers paperwork.
- Complete the Food and Beverage spreadsheet making sure that all areas are in balance.
- Run night audit cut off.
- Post all revenue from spreadsheets to HIS
- Balance cash for all outlets.
- Run close day on HIS and run back up.
- Run and separate morning reprots.
- Complete DREV spreadsheet and post all revenue to the AS400 DREV program.
- Make sure that DREV balances to the spreadsheet and distribute to managers.
Summary of Job:
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all interior and exterior lighting, kitchen equipment, ice machines, air conditioning equipment, plumbing, fire control equipment, internet systems, TV/Cable systems, and guest room repairs.
PARKING INCLUDED FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
General Duties Include:
1.Performs all assigned preventative maintenance work according to PM program.
2.Performs all assigned work requests on all electrical and mechanical equipment.
3.Follows specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings for installation, maintenance and repair of structure and equipment. Used hand and power tolls, precision measuring and testing devices to test, diagnose and repair equipment.
4.Must be able to dismantle equipment and install working parts on malfunctioning equipment (will be trained).
5.Makes structure repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings, patches or replaces plaster, plasterboard, paint walls, ceilings, and trim. Cuts and lays flooring (linoleum, tile, carpet, etc.)
6.Maintains a log of all work performed including parts needed, and/or parts used on all work requests. Follow work order procedures.
7.Records utility readings and equipment readings as scheduled and maintains current period readings in maintenance office.
8.Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures. Connects water supplies and drainage pipelines and performs simple wiring and maintenance repair.
9. Performs and/or assigns all work requests on all electrical and mechanical equipment on the property.
10.Remedies guest complaints within 15 minutes. Notifies Guest Services Supervisor or General Manager for proper follow-up if necessary.
11.Reports daily to the maintenance supervisor on maintenance areas of concern in the hotel.
12.Is prepared to clean sidewalks and entrances to the hotel in case of a snow or ice storm.
13.Participates in fire/emergency response team as assigned when alarm sound.
14.Able to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds and able to stand for 8 consecutive hours
15.Has a thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control procedures.
16.Provides the highest quality of service to guests at all times and practices each item in the Guest Service Pledge.
17.Wears proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the PHG handbook
18.Performs all other duties deemed necessary by management.
Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments. Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers. Also preparing buffet items with turbo chef, microwave, etc. Kitchen duties will vary daily. This position can also be bar-tending barista in the evening time. We offer full bar with full appetizer menu to prepare those items as well.
The Housekeeping Supervisor provides overall support to the operations of the housekeeping department. Duties include:
- Provide leadership and direction for all housekeeping and laundry activities for the hotel to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for both the guest rooms and public areas.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, & heart of the house for cleanliness.
- Train, motivate, coach, counsel, & discipline staff members.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program.
- Prepare weekly schedule.
- Maintain supply and linen inventories.
- Update room statuses in the computer.
- Ensure housekeeping requests from guests or management are responded to in a timely, efficient, & friendly manner.
The Radisson Hotel in downtown Lansing is currently looking for a Front Desk Manager to join its management team. The Front Desk Manager will be responsible for supervising the operations of the front desk department by directing and supervising guest service representatives, night audit, PBX and reservations associates to ensure the best possible guest satisfaction, employee morale, standards, development, and training by providing efficient and effective service.
The Front Desk Manager is responsible for providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and updating training materials and programs for associates while building a strong team capable of exceeding expectations by teaching, demonstrating, and coaching the highest hospitality standards as set forth by the hotel.
We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional for the position of Banquet House Person at the Marriott Phoenix Chandler Hotel. This position is responsible for the manual set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with the Marriott Phoenix Chandler Hotel standards of quality. This position will also collect all service ware and allocate in accordance with the event order to supply functions for the next day. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to become part of a team always pushing one another to raise the bar.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in a similar role, with a combination of previous Hospitality experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities of the Banquet Houseperson include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Banquet Manager/Assistant Banquet Manager throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance-floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms, ensuring the space stays presentable at all times
- Anticipate equipment needs from event orders and count same
- Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings
- Practice “Teamwork” and “Clean as you Go” policies
We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the guest’s experience, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of On-Call Banquets Server at the Marriott Phoenix Chandler Hotel. This position is responsible for serving food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to hotel’s high standards of quality.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in Hospitality, with a combination of previous Banquets and Food & Beverage experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities of the Banquets Server at the Marriott Phoenix Chandler Hotel include but are not limited to:
- Set up banquet room as instructed by the Banquets Manager to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquets Manager to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
The Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol is seeking an experienced, ambitious, energetic catering sales manager to join our management team of hospitality sales professionals!
The Sales and Catering Manager is responsible for coordinating all service aspects related to convention, meetings, group activities and banquets booked through the sales office.
As a Public Area Attendant, you will be responsible for cleaning all public spaces of the hotel (i.e. lobby, fitness center, restrooms, etc). Full Time opportunity, starting salary $9.75/hour plus competitive benefits offered.
We're looking for a capable Restaurant Server who will welcome and serve customers, take and deliver orders with a friendly can-do" attitude. The Restaurant Server maintains a clean work area and makes sure all supplies are stocked.
As a Housekeeper you will be responsible for cleaning a section of rooms (typically 16 to 18) to Hilton standards. Full-Time opporutnity, $9.75 per hour, competitive benefits package offered.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, reliable, and experienced restaurant supervisor to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing all aspects of our restaurant business. You will be expected to deliver a high-quality experience to our guests and motivate our staff to ensure excellent customer service. Supervisors will be responsible for maintaining quality and increasing profitability. Exceptional management skills and a strong understanding of customer service are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all front of the house restaurant operations
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service; respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally
- Maintain quality control for all food served
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience
- Project future needs for goods, kitchen supplies, and cleaning products; order accordingly
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards
- Seek ways to cut waste and decrease operational costs
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff
- Attend and contribute to montly departmental meetings and departmental training.
As a Van Driver, you will be responsible for providing transportation for our guests to/from Tampa International Airport and also to local attractions within a 2-mile radius of the hotel. Will also be responsible for providing luggage assistance for our guests.
This is a Full-Time opportunity, paying $6.75/hour plus tips, competitive benefits package offered.
As a Houseperson you will be assigned 3-5 floors (depending upon occupancy) and will be responsible for providing linen and supplies to the housekeepers, removal of trash and linens from the housekeeping carts, and for maintaining the cleanliness of the hallways. You will also be responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (i.e. refrigerator, towels, pillows, etc) upon request. Full-Time opporutnity, $9.75 per hour, competitive benefits package offered.
Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in a clean and orderly manner. Sweep and mop floors; wash dishes, worktables, walls, vent hoods. Empty trash and other duties as required.
We're seeking a sharp, capablePBX Operator.
The PBX Operator operates switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls by performing the following duties. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Uses private branch exchange (PBX) switchboard to connect interoffice and house calls.
2. Answers, screens, and routes outside and in-house calls.
3. Supplies information to callers and records messages.
4. Keeps record of requests placed by guests and ensures requests are completed.
5. Completes work orders for the engineering department.
6. Performs clerical duties such as filing, stuffing envelopes, etc.
7. Operates radio system to relay in-house messages and information.
8. Updates telephone directory in telephone computer system.
9. Opens and closes DID lines in meeting rooms and runs necessary reporting for posting calls.
10. Inputs wake up calls.
11. Places welcome calls to guests.
12. Understands and can react to emergency situations and procedures.
13. Utilizes PBX and front office computer system.
The bartender is responsible for taking drink orders from customers at the bar and from the servers. Using a wide knowledge of mixed drinks and alcohols, the bartender promptly prepare the drinks and serve them before moving to the next order. He/she must collect payment and process the sale.
3RD SHIFT POSITION!
Duties include completing audits of hotel transactions from throughout the day. Also assists with greeting guests at the front desk and processing check-in/out transactions. Candidates must have availability for overnight shifts. Must possess great customer-service skills, great communication skills, and have attention for details. Flexible work schedule required. Previous night auditing experience a plus!
- Greets and registers guests and provides room assignments, accommodating special request whenever possible.
- Handles guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of reservation system and procedures, takes reservations and knows cancellation procedures and policies.
- Resolves gust challenges and takes appropriate action to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. Communicates with next shift associates by logging pertinent information in the appropriate logbook.
- Organizes the shift and reviews and completes the following: remaining reservations that are to arrive, verifies that all updated contingency reports have been run, resolves discrepancies with departments out of balance, verifies GTD no-shows and completes walk report, and ensures credit cards are in balance.
- Assists guest with general services such as making change, and answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel to local areas of interest.
- Ensures property management system is backed up nightly on tape and stored in a secure area.
- Ensures that all wake-up calls are handled promptly and properly.
- Receives and transmits mail, packages, and message for guest.
- Ensures that all departments, rebates, paid outs, phone charges, and other miscellaneous charges are in balance.
- Prepares housekeeping report recording same day check-outs, ready rooms, and rooms temporarily out of order, reporting any discrepancies.
- Processes customer payments according to established procedures and policies, including authorization of all credit cards, and follows proper cash handling procedures.
- Conducts ongoing verification of hotel security with the security guard on duty using the two-way radio system.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control procedures.
- Provides the highest quality of service to guests at all times and practices each item on the WHG pledge car.
- Wears proper uniform and nametag at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the WHG handbook.